We have a great team and we’d love for you to join us! We are safety conscious and dedicated to helping our employees learn and grow!
Tri-Axl Drivers-CDL Required
JOB SUMMARY: Safely and efficiently operates vehicles owned and operated by LIBS PAVING COMPANY, INC. to deliver asphalt, aggregate materials or equipment. Vehicles may include standard pick-ups to tri-axle dump trucks and semi-trucks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (will include but not limited to):
- Before leaving garage insures truck is in safe operation mode by following proper daily checklist and inspection procedures using the “Vehicle Driver’s Safety Check” form and logging on Driver’s Vehicle Inspection Report in accordance to DOT regulations 49 CFR 396.11.
- Immediately reports any truck defects to Libs Paving Maintenance to insure defect is corrected prior to operating vehicle on roadway.
- Takes necessary precautions to insure job is being done in the safest manner possible. Is mindful of their personal safety as well as safety of coworkers and customers.
- Follows all driving rules and regulations including but not limited to: observing speed limits, construction zones, courteous driving, littering.
- Follows driving patterns established by Libs Paving.
- Delivers materials to customers, pavers and construction sites.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow GPS.
- Must be able to use best practices for fuel conservation.
- Effectively communicates with crew members with the ability to listen to crew member ideas, suggestions and concerns.
- Assists jobsite crew with safety and other tasks as directed by job foreman or lead man.
- Adheres to all safety rules established in the Libs Paving Safety Program including not talking or texting on cell phone in accordance to Libs Paving Cell Phone Policy and Procedures while driving.
- Responsible for keeping truck bed and interior of truck clean of debris.
- Maintains a high level of discipline and professionalism as a representative of Libs Paving Co.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must hold a valid CDL driver’s license and maintain in good standing.
- Must pass DOT medical examination and drug test and keep both up-to-date and valid.
- Must have a clean MVR.
- Knowledge of DOT and CDL regulations.
- Must be able to operate Libs Paving trucks safely and efficiently.
- Must be able to climb into Libs Paving trucks safely and efficiently. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Must be able to withstand various road conditions including heavy traffic patterns and construction areas.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Construction industry experience or training preferred.
Libs Paving Co. is an equal opportunity employer and one of the top paving companies hiring the best.
Please download and fill out the Libs-Paving-Application below, or contact Marketta, our HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 944-8942 for more information on specific job openings.