We have a great team and we’d love for you to join us! We are safety conscious and dedicated to helping our employees learn and grow!
Heavy Equipment Operator
JOB SUMMARY: Safely and efficiently operates and maintains various pieces of heavy equipment used in the Libs Paving site construction, asphalt, and sealcoating business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (will include but not limited to):
- Follows any and all direction from Libs Paving Management team as well as Superintendent, Project Manager and Foremen.
- Safely and effectively operates assigned pieces of equipment including but not limited to loader, excavator, backhoe, dozer, skid steer, or similar equipment.
- Performs daily and weekly maintenance and inspections of assigned pieces of equipment including but not limited to loader, dozer, skid steer, backhoe, and excavator.
- Takes necessary precautions to insure job is being done in the safest manner possible. Is mindful of their personal safety as well as safety of coworkers and customers.
- When driving company vehicles follows proper daily checklist and inspection procedures while completing documentation of same as required.
- Effectively communicates with crew members with the ability to listen to crew member ideas, suggestions and concerns.
- Ensures site safety by installing barricades, as necessary.
- Adheres to all safety rules established in the Libs Paving Safety Program.
- Responsible for keeping truck interiors clean of debris while traveling to and from job sites.
- Maintains a high level of discipline and professionalism as a representative of Libs Paving Co.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience, preferably five (5) years, with heavy equipment: Loader, excavator, backhoe, dozer, or similar equipment experience.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, Class A CDL preferred; and maintain in good standing.
- Must pass drug test and keep COATS card valid.
- Must be dependable with good to excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Construction industry experience knowledge or training required.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to withstand various climate conditions including extreme heat and humidity.
- Must have excellent communication and listening skills.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Libs Paving Co. is an equal opportunity employer and one of the top paving companies hiring the best.
Please download and fill out the Libs-Paving-Application below, or contact Marketta, our HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 944-8942 for more information on specific job openings.