We have a great team and we’d love for you to join us! We are safety conscious and dedicated to helping our employees learn and grow!
Traffic Control Flagger
JOB SUMMARY: Safely and efficiently controls movement of traffic through paving construction projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (will include but not limited to):
- Follows any and all direction from Libs Paving Management team as well as Superintendent, Supervisor or Lead man.
- Safely and effectively distributes traffic control signs, traffic cones, markers, and other warning devices along job site.
- Ensures site safety by installing barricades, as necessary.
- Directs movement of traffic through and around job site, using sign, hand, and flag signals.
- Warns paving construction operators when approaching vehicle fails to heed signals to prevent accident and injury to workers.
- Informs drivers of detour routes through construction sites.
- Records license number of traffic control violators for police.
- Uses radios to communicate with job supervisor and other flaggers positioned at different spots along paving construction site.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time in various climate conditions.
- Performs daily and weekly maintenance and inspections of assigned pieces of flagging equipment.
- Takes necessary precautions to insure job is being done in the safest manner possible. Is mindful of their personal safety as well as safety of coworkers and customers.
- Maintain a clean job site picking up all equipment and securing the job site each day.
- When driving company vehicles follows proper daily checklist and inspection procedures while completing documentation of same as required.
- Adheres to all safety rules established in the Libs Paving Safety Program.
- Responsible for keeping truck interiors clean of debris while traveling to and from job sites.
- Maintains a high level of discipline and professionalism as a representative of Libs Paving Co.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and maintain in good standing.
- Must be certified as a Traffic Control Supervisor through ATSSA and be able to maintain certification.
- Must pass drug test and keep COATS card valid.
- Must be dependable with good to excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Construction industry experience knowledge or training required.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 75lbs.
- Must be able to withstand various climate conditions including extreme heat and humidity.
- Must have excellent communication and listening skills.
Libs Paving Co. is an equal opportunity employer and one of the top paving companies hiring the best.
Please download and fill out the Libs-Paving-Application below, or contact Marketta, our HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 944-8942 for more information on specific job openings.